CALL 1 (855) 444-4911

Frequently Asked Questions

Why hire us?
Former prosecutors for over 17 years
We are a well established and reputable law firm with lawyers and former prosecutors available to advise and represent you. By hiring us, you get the services of a law firm founded by lawyers with over 50 years experience both prosecuting and defending criminal offences and Highway Safety Code violations. Our prices are competitive and our service is second to none.
Do I need to attend court for a traffic ticket?
Presence not necessarily required
In the majority of cases, you do not have to be present in court. Most clients are looking for a withdrawal of the charge or a plea deal for a lesser charge. This is often achieved without going to court. In certain cases we may have no other choice but to go to trial, at which point your presence will be required.
How often do you win?
90% daily success rate
Although we have an extremely high success rate, do not believe anyone that tells you they always win. The vast majority of charges or tickets can be defended successfully or reduced. Knowledge and experience are the most realistic predictors of success. We don't believe there is anyone out there who is more qualified than we are and we are equally confident that our fees match up to any law firm in the Province.
Can I still seek counsel if I previously lost in court?
Appeal is possible
Yes! You will need to do an appeal. It is always easier and less expensive to hire us at the beginning of the process but if you went to court and lost, we may still be able to help. Even if you lost your trial the legal procedures aren't over yet. Contact us for a free consultation to find out more.
A judgement was issued by default what can I do?
Forgot to plead not guilty
You can retain our services in order to file a Revocation of Judgement on your behalf. It is important to file said motion within fifteen days of your knowledge of the judgement and that you have a valid defence. It is best to contact us immediately in order to proceed.
What is the time delay between receiving a ticket and a hearing date?
Varies across jurisdictions
The delays may vary greatly from one jurisdiction to another. It is not unusual for the delay to be up to one year. Every case is different and every municipality schedules accordingly. We recommend that you reach out to us directly so we can verify the delays pertaining to your case.
Can I obtain a restricted license in order to drive?
I lost my driver's license as a result of an accumulation of demerit points
It is possible for you to address our firm in order to obtain a restricted license provided that you respect the prescribed conditions imposed by the Highway Safety Code, provided that you have not already obtained a restricted license in the last two years, and that you need your driver's license for work.
Will I be able to afford your services?
Fees and fines
In some cases our fees will be close to, or exceed the fine amount on the face of the ticket. However, the primary reasons our clients engage our services are to save demerit points on a driver's license and to avoid expensive insurance premium increases. The long term gains of properly defending your charge will dramatically outweigh the short term expenses of our fees.
Can you help if I am facing charges of impaired driving?
DUI's for drugs and alcohol
Absolutely! We will assess your case and tell you what options are available based on each individual case. We will defend your rights and fight to obtain the best possible result on your behalf. Contact our office to find out your chances and the required steps to resolve your case.